Saturday, January 14, 2017

Psychotic by Insane Labz - Pre-workout Review (B)

Psychotic by Insane Labz - Pre-workout Review (B)

Grade: B!

Okay - so if you have followed my reviews at all, you will have noticed that I generally wasn't a fan of the last product I reviewed by Insane Labs (Insane Cutz)... in fact I was really really disappointed.

However, with that beings said, this review was a happy surprise.  As much as I do a lot of supplement testing, I am also a minimalist and am somewhat obsessive about actually using everything and all the resources I "consume" in my lifestyle.  I had purchased this pre-workout when I purchased the Insane Cutz.  If I hadn't had purchased it then - I wouldn't have after trying the Cutz product.  But because I had it - why buy another pre-workout when I had on "in stock".

So for over a month I used this on my build cycle - primarily because it contains creatine (and I try not to consume any creatine on a cut cycle).  During my build cycles I also only take my pre-workout as my stimulant for the day... so this was it.

I actually really really enjoyed it!  It gave me a great boost of energy during my workout, and actually gave me some sustained energy throughout the morning (and a bit into the afternoon) - and I wouldn't say I had any crash.

I will say that this might be a little too intense for some.  It contains a good amount of caffeine, and their key ingredient AMP BERRY - which is a little gimmicky, but also has some odd effects that I can only attribute to it ("odd" doesn't mean good necessarily).

I am giving it a B because I like it - it did what it was supposed to, and I was surprised by it.  I think I would probably give is a second round of playing with, if I wasn't testing anything else.

With all of that good stuff being said, let me give you some transparent reasons why it wasn't given an A.

First, it doesn't taste "good".  Most pre-workouts have fairly good flavoring... this doesn't.  This has flavoring, but really taste like crushed up aspirin with a hint of whatever flavor they are selling.  The flavor profile is definitely lacking. There are times when you can kind of look forward to your pre-workout taste - this is not the case.  I would end up taking it with only four ounces of water, so that I could "shoot" it!  The results were worth the negative taste.

Second, it was a little late on the delivery of energy - which was a pro and a con.  It would kick in about half way through my work out, but it would also last longer after.

Third, you need to be careful - because I was pretty sure it was always crashing my blood sugar levels.  If I wasn't eating something and resting right after the workout - lets say I needed to jump in the shower quick (and then sit and eat) - once you stopped you would get the anxious shakes and jitters, and stomach hunger pains... and I would be shaking in shower trying to rush to get to breakfast.  It didn't feel great...

Now all of this was with a full scoop and dose.  They advertise to start only with a half dose - which I would recommend because it might be too intense for some.  But for most - this I think - is just a marketing request to make it look more intense than it is.  Start with a half does - but if you are reading this I bet you will jump to a full dose without any issues.  It might be too much for some starters - but it's not really that intense.

So I enjoyed it for various reasons, and was surprised by it.  But I can't say that it was awesome or the best one I have had...

Take that for what you will.  And I hope you enjoy it!

Psychotic by Insane Labz - B

No comments:

Post a Comment