Saturday, November 19, 2016

BUCKED UP – Pre-Workout – Review (B+)



So this review is a little outside of the norm.  I usually pick a supplement, take my body measures, test it, and then evaluate my results.  This is different because this supplement is for a different purpose.  Sometimes I may be on a build cycle, testing a supplement without any actually stimulants in it, or anything that would help be get up and go to the gym and get my best out of my workout.  In these situations the supplements actually recommend finding a pre-workout to take in conjunction with it.

Bucked-Up is a pre-workout powder.  It is intended to take one scoop mixed with water thirty minutes before the workout.  It contains a couple sources of caffeine, and Deer Antler Velvet – which I believe is a little gimmicky, but seems to be okay.

What I have to say about this product is it is my favorite pre-workout.  I have taken a number of different ones in the past, and found them effective, in that they give me energy and tingles to motivate me to move.  But it wasn’t until this supplement that I realized how smooth a pre-workout can be. 

When talking with a few people at the gym, they did criticize it a little bit for the lack of caffeine in each serving. They felt it needed to exceed 200 mg a dose, which I believe this is closer to 150.  But I found this to be perfect.  I would take this, it would get me up and going, and minimize the soreness afterward regardless of what supplement I was taking.  It was a perfect “supplement” to whatever I was doing. 

In all honesty, I am not sure how to quantitatively review a pre-workout, with the exception that I felt great, I got the energy I needed, I wasn’t jittery, and I was felt great after.  I give this a clean B+!

This is something that is going to go right into my regular routine, when a pre-workout is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment